JSPL adopts mechanized housekeeping methods in order to keep the area clean and dust free. The environment management department monitors the housekeeping operations, which are carried out on a regular basis. Training programmes are offered to the employees of different departments to increase their awareness in housekeeping. Shop floor employees are also posted in various departments who work under the guidance of the housekeeping coordinators to keep the surroundings clean.
Major initiatives include -
- All Roads are cleaned and sanitized.
- Work areas are regularly maintained and well painted.
- Roads are concreted and walk ways are paved.
Drains have been provided along the roads to carry runoff water.
- Water stagnation is not allowed.
- Scrap yard developed to put all scrap/ wastes at an identified place.
- Waste bins at required locations for waste collection. Segregated waste is systematically/ scientifically disposed.
Utilization of organic waste in vermi-composting.
- Propagation of safety and environment messages through hoardings and banners.
- Greenery has been developed in all vacant areas.
- Prevention of water, oil and other waste material spillage.