As JSPL continues to expand its business on both the domestic and international fronts, a greener and cleaner environment for all is one of its main objectives in its march towards progress. The need to protect our environment and conserve resources has been explicitly disseminated through its mission and vision statements. The company has taken a holistic stance for the protection of environmental resources and taken preventive measures as a part of its operation module.
JSPL works on the principle that an organisation can only grow in a competitive environment when it addresses economic, social and environmental concerns with a focussed approach.
In order to make itself environment friendly at all levels, the company adheres to necessary legal and environmental compliances and adopts various technologies as a part of the process. The various facets of environmental issues like air pollution, water pollution and solid waste disposal are some of the utmost concerns of the company and it takes active preventive measures to safeguard the surroundings from its’ adverse effects.
The environment management department of the company takes care of all the activities related to environmental safeguards. Some of the basic functions undertaken are as follows:
- Assess new projects and determine its impact on the environment.
- Based on impacts, design a comprehensive environmental management plan to mitigate these.
- Seek clearances in matters of environmental issues from government bodies.
- Constant monitoring of emissions/discharges and their control.
- Continuous and rigorous research and development must to find ways for solid waste utilization.
- Ensure compliance to statutory obligations on all environmental issues.
- Increasing awareness among the workforce for safeguarding environment.
- Increasing and protecting the green cover within the premises.
- Keeping plant areas clean through mechanized house keeping initiatives.
- Initiate CDM projects and carbon foot-printing of processes.