Shaped by an organization’s level of maturity, compliance, efficiency and core business strategy, Sustainability can have different meanings for different organizations. Sustainability at Jindal Steel and Power Ltd. means ensuring the organization’s holistic growth with authenticity, such that we are able to ensure our organization’s long term success as well as contribute significantly towards building a better world. In JSPL the Sustainability Division is a central node that oversees different functions within the company that are related to the longevity of JSPL’s business. The Sustainability Division at JSPL is committed to the following goals:
- Ensuring compliance and raw material security
- Establishing sustainable steel and power production processes
- Building an authentic corporate identity and brand
- Enabling innovation
- Attracting and nurturing leaders
- Maintaining robust internal management processes
- Motivating employees to innovate, be dynamic and provide leadership on issues critical to the state of the world.
Sustainability Officers are positioned at plant locations and are led by the Group Chief Sustainability Officer, Dr. Miniya Chatterji. Miniya reports directly to the CEO on all matters and also to the Chairman on JSPL’s social commitment. This unique structure ensures that sustainability priorities are well integrated into the core business strategy.
For sustainability related queries, contact
+91 11 26188340-50, 4146000