Continuing its endeavor to provide a complete product basket and an enhanced structural section range to its customers, JSPL has commissioned state-of-the-art 0.6 MTPA capacity Medium and Light Structural Mill (MLSM) at Raigarh, Chattisgarh. This continuous mill is a first of its kind in India, equipped with advanced rolling mill technology and equipments from DANIELI, ITALY. These sections are used in Infrastructure, Industrial Construction, and Light Construction segments viz., Power Plants, Transmission Line Towers/Telecom Line Towers, Fabrication, Bus/Truck bodies, Electrical Towers (SEB s/ Railways), Industrial Sheds, Commercial & Individual houses, portable houses, etc.
When buying sections from JSPL, the customer is assured of:
Excellent Durability – Due to clean steel quality, this is free from any harmful impurities and inclusions on account of in-house and virgin raw material and state-of-the-art steel refining facilities.
Superior Weldability – Due to its chemical composition of pure steel and lower carbon equivalent.
Economy – Due to low cost of fabrication on account of additional profile options with superior straightness and strict dimensional accuracy.
Advanced features of MLSM:
- Walking Beam Type Reheating Furnace of 200 tons/hour capacity (Make: ITALIAMPIANTI TENOVA)
- 5-stand Continuous Roughing Mill with Two Vertical stands and Three horizontal stands.
- 10-stand Continuous Intermediate and Finishing Mill, with seven Universal Stands in Intermediate Train & Three Horizontal stands in Finishing Train
- 90 meter long cooling bed
- Straightening Machine
- Two Cold Saws for cutting into customized length
- Automated stacking, bundling and marking/labeling
The sizes being rolled in JSPL are:
- ISA Angles (Equals in sizes 50, 65, 75, 90, 100, 110, 120, 130, 150, 200 & 250 mm in various sectional weight)
- ISMC Channels in size 75 mm to 400 mm)