JSPL has always emphasised on working with a fresh talent pool. The Company recruits fresh engineers at the entry level under the Graduate Engineers Training Programme (GET). GET has been introduced so that young engineers can be recruited and shaped as per the working standards and methodology of the Company. The first All India GET Recruitment process was initiated in 2007, where 125 fresh engineer graduates across 4 disciplines i.e. mechanical, electrical, I&C & metallurgical were hired by JSPL.
The Methodology of recruitment under GET is through:
- Written Test (Domain + Aptitude)
- Group Discussion
- Personal Interviews (Technical + HR)
- Physical Fitness Assessment (started from 2008)
The new recruits, at first, are acclimatised to organisational culture, values and also to the systems, quality procedures etc. They also go through an awareness training on the safety procedures. All the GETs undergo a structured class room training for 3 months in which they are trained in the following:
- Behavioral aspects like: Team Building, Attitude transformation, Communication skills, Decision making & Problem Solving
- MDP on Iron, Steel & Power by reputed training institutes like IIPM, NISST, TAACT etc.
JSPL offers attractive remuneration packages to GETs and Management Trainees in order to reward and retain the best talent. This recruitment scheme has helped enhance JSPL's brand image and created considerable awareness about the company among the student fraternity.