Carrying on with its plans of expansion, JSPL plans to invest US$ 10 billion in the state of Jharkhand for establishing a steel plant of capacity 12 MTPA and a captive power plant with production capacity of 2640 MW in phases.
The company is setting up a 6 MTPA steel plant and a 1320 MW Captive Power Plant (CPP) at Patratu, District Ramgarh. A Wire Rod Mil of 0.6 MTPA, and a Bar Mill of 1 MTPA with Rebar Service Centre has already been commissioned. These Mills are equipped with the latest state-of-the-art technology to offer superior quality Products like Wire Rods, TMT, Rounds, Angles RCS and ready to use products weld mesh and Cut & Bend rebars.
At Patratu, JSPL has taken over the assets of the closed Bihar Alloys & Steel Limited, which is about 40 km from Ranchi. Using the available land and adding some more, the company is setting up new steel and power plants. This endeavor would provide gainful employment to a large number of people and aid in the economic and infrastructure development of the area.
The company plans to set up a 6 MTPA steel plant at Asanboni and a 1320 MW CPP at Godda as well.
The plant facilities for the first phase at Patratu include:
Similar Facilities will be at Asanbini also.
Patratu Project Highlights
- JSPL has Launched “PANTHER” as a new brand for TMT Products which are being manufactured at the Patratu steel plant.
- Orders for major technological packages have been finalized and orders have been placed.
- In early 2010, the first unit of the steel plant at Patratu, a 0.6 MTPA Wire Rod Mill was commissioned.
- The second unit, the 1 MTPA Bar Mill that has been commissioned in 2011 is designed to produce TMT bars from 8 mm to 40 mm, angles 50 x 50 mm to 90 x 90 mm and plain rounds (forging grade) and RCS.
- Additional facility has been incorporated in December 2012 as Rebar Service Centre which is capable to produce ready to use products of retail like Weld Mesh U-Bend and Cut and Bend.
- With the available facilities Patratu Unit has provided about 2000 indirect and 2000 direct employment in the region. The TMT Bars produced from this Mill will be utilized in housing and infrastructural development projects in the state of Jharkhand.
- Jeraldaburu iron ore mines, Jitpur coal block and Amrakonda-Mugadangal coal block have been allocated.