Integrated Quality, Safety, Health and Environment (QSHE) Policy
Jindal Steel & Power Limited is committed towards attaining total satisfaction of customers and interested parties, and achieving business excellence through :
- Producing and supplying quality products conforming to customer requirements
- Promoting an environmentally responsible, safe and healthy work culture by actively working towards prevention of environmental pollution, occupational health and safety hazard
- Complying with applicable legal and other requirements pertaining to products, environmental protection, occupational health and safety
- Focusing on continual improvement of processes and performance
- Ensuring involvement of employees at all levels by providing training & awareness
- Minimising the wastes through efficient use of resources
- Evaluating effectiveness of Integrated Management System through regular audits and management reviews
We at Jindal Steel & Power Limited will work for implementation of Total Productive Maintenance (TPM) at all spheres of our activities by
- Aiming at zero defects, zero breakdowns, zero losses and zero accidents.
- Improving Overall Equipment Efficiency (OEE) for safe and efficient operation of the plant.
- Creating a clean and pleasant work environment, leading to higher employee morale and greater organisational profitability.
Jindal Steel & Power Ltd., Raigarh, is committed to work for effective utilisation of all types of energy. This is achieved by
- Taking on the specific objective of energy conservation through process/equipment modification.
- Monitoring of energy consumption
- Creating innovativeness in employees through awareness
- Converting waste as resource
- Benchmarking the energy consumption norms
- Adherence to statutory requirements
JSPL believes that an effective growth policy must also take into account the fulfillment of the basic needs of the masses, especially of those living in rural areas. Thus, JSPL endeavors to improve the quality of life of communities living in the area it operates in. To achieve this, JSPL deploys its resources to the extent it can reasonably afford, to improve the infrastructure, education, health, water, sanitation, environment, etc in and around its plants.
(For details see the C.S.R. Section )