Jindal Steel and Power Ltd (JSPL) India’s leading steel producer company in the private sector aspires to become a globally admired organization that enhances the quality of life of all stakeholders through sustainable development with utmost care for the environment and needs of the society.
The Company aims to be the most efficient and reliable steel producer; and carry out its business/operations with utmost regard for safety and care for the environment. The Company is committed to protect and improve the environment and abide by the laws & regulations concerning the environment.
Jindal Steel and Power Limited is committed to:
- Work towards Environment Protection, Prevention of Environmental Pollution, and Environment Improvement around its business units
- Adopt sound Environment Management practices to achieve sustainable growth
- Comply with all applicable statutory and other norms/ requirements for environmental protection
- Institute and implement systems to deal with environmental issues, ensuring compliance and reporting
- Evaluating effectiveness of system through regular audits and management reviews
- Continual improvement in our environmental performance
Safety & Occupational Health Policy
Jindal Steel and Power Limited reaffirms its commitment to provide safe work place environment to its personnel and other stakeholders as an integral part of its business philosophy and values.
We will continually enhance our Safety & Occupational Health (SOH) performance in our activities, products and services through a structured SOH management framework.
Towards this commitment, we shall;
- Ensure compliance with applicable SOH legislations and other requirements
- Establish and achieve SOH objectives
- Prevent/ minimize SOH risks through continual improvement in process and practices at all levels and functions for prevention of injury and ill health of the personnel
- Ensure that SOH is integrated in all managerial decision including procurement of materials; selection of machinery/equipment; selection/ placement of personnel and setting up of projects
- Enhance awareness, skill and competence of our personnel so as to enable them to demonstrate their involvement, responsibility and accountability for sound SOH performance
- Carryout Risk Assessment associated with operations and take remedial measures proactively and implement system of Health and Safety Audits
We shall review this SOH Policy periodically and to be communicated to all people working under the control of the organisation and shall be available to the interested parties.
Jindal Steel and Power Limited is committed for customers’ satisfaction for all our Stakeholders to reach to the leading position in each segment of our products by:
- Producing and on time delivering quality products that conform to our customers’ requirements
- Continually improving our systems and processes by value addition and product development through innovation
- Up gradation of relevant technology for continuing suitability to the changing needs of the organization and ensure training and development of the employees
- Involving all employees for implementing and continually improving the effectiveness of the Quality Management System
- Periodically reviewing the Policy and quality objectives and communicating across the organization to align with the business requirements
- Training and motivating all employees to ensure that the entire corporation is equipped and capable of achieving quality objectives
We, at Jindal Steel and Power Limited, will work for implementation of Total Productive Maintenance (TPM)at all spheres of our activities by:
- Aiming Zero defects, Zero breakdowns, Zero losses and Zero Accident
- Improving Overall Equipment Efficiency (OEE) for safe and efficient operation of the plant
- Creating a clean and pleasant work environment leading to higher employee morale and greater organizational profitability
JSPL believes that an effective growth policy must also take into account the fulfillment of the basic needs of the masses, especially of those living in rural areas. Thus, JSPL endeavors to improve the quality of life of communities living in the area it operates in. To achieve this, JSPL deploys its resources to the extent it can reasonably afford, to improve the infrastructure, education, health, water, sanitation, environment, etc in and around its plants.
(For details see the C.S.R. Section )